Career Level Entry level of teaching
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Female
Accommodation Free accommodation provided
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Curriculum Canadian Curriculum
- To teach English and Drama to groups of students from all abilities across years 7 – 11.
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and
- To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their
progress against targets.
- To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive
at all times.
- To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity.
- To deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the school behaviour
- To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable,
and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed
- To keep work areas tidy and well organised.
- To attend scheduled meetings in the English and Drama Department and school.
- To participate in English and Drama events such as trips and primary liaison.
- To encourage students to participate in Drama activities.