Sectors International School
Posted Jobs 2
Founded Since 1850
Our Uniquely Innovative Approach: A New Direction for K-12 Education in China
The academic model has been carefully crafted so that it harnesses the strength and rigour of education in China and instils a deep understanding of Chinese heritage, culture, tradition and language. An innovative approach to pedagogy and pastoral care ensures students learn in a manner that promotes the Harrow School’s Values, leadership attributes and holistic approach to education synonymous with Harrow School in the U.K. and all our other schools across the globe.
The curriculum expertly sequences knowledge and skills progression appropriate to each child’s age and stage of development – students are supported and stretched as needed.
Key features include:
- HILA is passionately committed to developing students prepared to make a positive and purposeful contribution to society in China. This is achieved through excellence in delivery of the Chinese National Curriculum (CNC) and associated activities and programmes, compliance with local Education Bureau’s standards.
- Expert native language teaching ensures the development of bilingualism so that students have the social, cultural and technical language to thrive in China and beyond.
- Diverse approaches to learning ensure that every child develops knowledge, skills and understanding,
- Learning experiences extend beyond the classroom, including: visits, productions, enterprise projects, and community service,
- A defined set of skills and competencies thematically link all curriculum elements,
- Moral education, and the Harrow School’s Values, are evident in all learning experiences,
- Individual interests and talents are developed,
- Learners show excitement and engagement in the curriculum,
- Students feel valued as present and future world citizens.